We aim to use our knowledge, professional expertise and wide ranging skills to help our clients achieve business success.
We are able to provide a full range of business support services for clients, by taking over routine accounting processes, leaving you free to run your business. No job is too big or too small.
Choose the right accounting software package and you will save time and money, make fewer mistakes, and obtain useful management information. However the choice can be bewildering.
Our team has used and installed many different accounting packages and is able to guide clients through the maze.
We can help you by:
- Establishing the basic bookkeeping needs of your business
- Deciding whether a cloud based or a local solution makes sense
- Choosing and purchasing the right software for you
- Tailoring the system to your businesses requirements
- Training your staff and help them establish sensible routines
- Supporting you through non-routine transactions
- Producing reliable management information
- Visiting on a regular or ad-hoc basis to check that things are running smoothly
- We can relieve you and your business of a significant burden by taking care of all your bookkeeping needs. No two clients’ needs are the same – we tailor our approach to your requirements. We can complete your books and records on a regular basis at our premises or yours.
- Setting up your own accounts department can be expensive, but monitoring and controlling financial management information is vital to the continued success of your business. We can prepare management accounts on a timetable and cost to suit you. Management accounts help clients to make fundamental commercial decisions on issues such as funding, risk minimisitation and performance improvement. In addition, a direct financial benefit of the process can be the timely identification of unclaimed VAT, supplier overpayments and year end tax planning opportunities.
We often advise clients as their business develops as to the most appropriate form of finance to suit their needs.
Development capital may come from a number of sources:
- Existing shareholders
- New shareholders
- Additional debt (including overdraft, term loans, mortgages, invoice discounting, We often advise clients as their business develops as to the most appropriate form of finance to suit their needs.
- We can help you to produce the accounts, business plan and financial forecasts which will be required by external funders and grant providers
- We can use our contacts to introduce you to potential sources of funding
BUSINESS START UP ADVICE
Most new businesses begin with an entrepreneur who wants to develop an idea. Turning this idea into a viable business is where we can help.
We have years of experience in helping new businesses, from individual freelance businesses to larger, privately-owned companies employing 70 staff.
While your business is in its start-up phase we can help to:
- Decide on the best business structure (sole trader, limited company or partnership)
- Make contact with a bank
- Incorporate a new limited company, or LLP
- Register your business with HMRC
- Register your business for VAT
- Establish appropriate bookkeeping routines
- Set up PAYE registration and advise on payroll routines
At our initial, no obligation, first meeting we can discuss the taxation, legal requirements, insurance, financial planning and accountancy issues in respect of setting up your business
PAYROLL AND CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY SCHEME PROCESSING
We often set up payroll schemes for clients and provide a weekly or monthly payroll
Service whether it be for one employee or a number of employees.
We provide a full payroll service and assistance with the following
- Guidance on statutory payments (Sick pay,Maternity pay,Paternity pay,Redundancy)
- Holiday entitlement
- Legal working requirements
- Redundancy and dismissal
- Construction worker verification and returns
We will register your business and advise on the most appropriate scheme for you.
We can guide you on the common pitfalls if you prepare returns yourself or prepare and submit returns on your behalf.
- Flat rate schemes
- Cash Accounting
- Annual Accounting
- Bad debt relief
- Risk areas
SUBMISSION OF TAX AND COMPANIES HOUSE RETURNS
We will prepare and submit the following returns on your behalf
- Corporation tax
- Self assessment personal tax
- Partnership returns
- Vat returns
- Cis returns
- Companies house annual returns
- Companies house accounts filing
- RTI (Real time information) returns for payroll
From October 2017 all employers regardless of size will have to provide a workplace pension
We can guide you on the setup and running of a scheme and the cost implications for your business.